Available now, exclusively from the Belbury Music Shop. The third in a series of limited records made in association with Belbury Music and a variety of associated artists and labels.
“Applied Music: Science & Nature” by Jon Brooks is the second physical release from his Café Kaput label. It comes on heavyweight translucent green vinyl, with a free download code. Sleeve art by Ian Hodgson.
(NB: The free vinyl card will often be tucked inside the lining of the inner sleeve, please check carefully.)
The post Applied Music: Science & Nature <br>by Jon Brooks <br>in the Belbury Music Shop appeared first on Ghost Box.
Available now, exclusively from the Belbury Music Shop , Broken Folk, a 10″ EP by Seatman and Powell featuring Belbury Poly. The second in a series of limited records made in association with Belbury Music and a variety of associated artists and labels.
It’s a five track EP of collaborations with folk singer Douglas E. Powell selected from Keith Seatman’s last two albums. It opens with a remix of the title track Broken Folk by Ghost Box veterans, Belbury Poly.
Melancholic and subtly psychedelic, these songs are redolent of supernatural short stories and winter afternoons out on English landscapes. In these dark rustic reveries, Seatman builds a dense collage of electronics, fragmented melody and found sound, around which Powell weaves his dreamlike lyrics.
The 10” is pressed on translucent green vinyl with sleeve art by Belbury Poly’s Jim Jupp. It’s released on Seatman’s own label KS Audio and is the second record produced in association with Belbury Music.
The next Belbury Music record will be Jon Brooks’ Applied Music: Science & Nature in March 2019
The post Broken Folk <br>by Seatman and Powell <br>in the Belbury Music Shop appeared first on Ghost Box.
Available now, exclusively from the new Belbury Music Shop. The first in a series of limited records made in association with Belbury Music and a variety of associated artists and labels.
“Applied Music: Plastics Today” by Jon Brooks is the first physical release from his Café Kaput label. It comes on heavyweight translucent orange vinyl, with a free download code. Sleeve art and video are by Ian Hodgson. (NB: The free vinyl card will often be tucked inside the lining of the inner sleeve, please check carefully.)
The post Applied Music: Plastics Today <br>by Jon Brooks <br>in the Belbury Music Shop appeared first on Ghost Box.
All we need now is a version with a John Foxx vocal on it..
To celebrate the release of Ways of Seeing this week, Jon Brooks of The Advisory Circle hosts this melting, meditative mix for Radio Belbury.
Ways of Seeing is available to pre-order now. Released on Friday, 25th May on vinyl, CD and download. In luxurious gold foil packaging designed by Julian House. The LP comes with free download code card.
The post The Advisory Circle <br>Radio Belbury mix appeared first on Ghost Box.
Outward Journeys by The Belbury Circle featuring John Foxx is available now on LP, CD, cassette and download. LP and cassette versions include a free download code.
The post Outward Journeys by The Belbury Circle. <br>Out Today. appeared first on Ghost Box.
Pre-orders are open now for Outward Journeys, released on 3rd November on CD, LP, DL and Cassette. It’s the first full length LP for this collaborative project between Jon Brooks (The Advisory Circle) and Jim Jupp (Belbury Poly). With John Foxx featuring on vocals and synth on two tracks, Trees and Forgotten Towns, reprising his appearance on The Belbury Circle’s debut EP, Empty Avenues in 2013.
Brooks and Jupp go back to their musical roots with this release, a joyfully re-imagined soundworld that draws heavily on late 70s and early 80s synth pop and library music. An exciting transitional era that first saw the pair taking up synths as kids. With interlocking analogue sequencers, driving rhythms, soaring lead lines, primitive sampling, and its themes of travel and return, the album evokes the eve of the digital era, when “Tomorrow’s World” was still an exciting possibility.
Design is by Julian House, and beautifully captures the excitement and homespun aesthetic of early software and computer packaging. The heavyweight vinyl LP and cassette versions both include a free download card.
Also Back in stock today is Pye Corner Audio’s re-issued Sleep Games LP (heavyweight vinyl & with free DL code)
The post Outward Journeys by <br>The Belbury Circle. <br>Pre-ordering now, released 3rd November. appeared first on Ghost Box.
Available in the Ghost Box Guest Shop now beautifully compiled package by Folklore Tapes with written and audio contributions from 31 artists, including Ghost Box’s Belbury Poly.
• Thirty-one track twelve-inch vinyl and download code.
• Fourty page A5 pamphlet includes plantlore and illustrations from artists and herbal medicine section by herbalist Zoe Naylor.
• Twenty eight page pocket A6 booklet Oak, Fern and Daisy: ‘The Folklore, Culture and Magic of the Plant Kingdom’ By Jez Winship.
• Link to the 16mm film ‘Pattern of Light’ by Mary and David
• All contents housed within a unique plant relief printed hand numbered manilla sleeve
• Contains seed envelope harvested by the Folklore Tapes group.
1) t/e/u/ – Balm (Melissa officinalis)
2) The Silver Funz – Birch (Betula sp.)
3) Joshua Bonnetta – Cactus (Cactaceae sp.)
4) Kelly Jayne Jones – Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus)
5) David Chatton Barker – Elder (Sambucus nigra)
6) James Green – False Shamrock (Oxalis triangularis)
7) Arianne Churchman – Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea)
8) Paper Dollhouse – Gorse (Ulex europaeus)
9) Belbury Poly – Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna)
10) Sam McLoughlin – Henbane (Hyoscyamus niger)
11) Carl Turney & Brian Campbell – Herb Robert (Geranium robertianum)
12) David Jaycock – Hottentot-fig (Carpobrotus edulis)
13) Stu Bannister – Houseleek (Sempervivum sp.)
14) Hugh Metcalfe – Jasmine (Jasminum officinale)
15) Mary Stark – Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
16) Delphine Dora – Lily of the Valley (Convallaria majalis)
17) Sally Golding – Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum)
18) Ian Humberstone – Red Bog Moss (Sphagnum capillifolium)
19) Magpahi – Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris)
20) Zoe Naylor – Nettle (Urtica dioica)
21) Hannah Leighton Boyce – Oak (Quercus robur)
22) Joe Duddell – Oregano (Origanum vulgare)
23) Xian Orphic – Orchid (Orchidaceae )
24) Steve Patterson – Plantain (Plantago major)
25) Mary & David – Rowan (Sorbus aucuparia)
26) Bridget Hayden – Sage (Salvia officinalis)
27) Modern Studies – Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris)
28) Alice Hartley – Teasel (Dipsacus sylvestris)
29) Jennifer Reid – Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
30) Dean McPhee – Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
31) Eva Bowen – Willow (Salix sp.)
The post Folklore Tapes – Folklore of Plants LP <br>featuring Belbury Poly <br>in the Ghost Box Guest Shop now appeared first on Ghost Box.
3rd November 2017 on LP, CD, DL and Cassette.
The post The Belbury Circle – Outward Journeys<br>(featuring John Foxx) appeared first on Ghost Box.